Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hurghada Day 1

It seems that copy-pasting to this window does not work any more and I cannot add my older posts which I could not upload in Egypt. 7.4.2008

Despite all the traveling I've done, I still get nervous about dragging my bones to another country. This time I've got no idea where I am going to stay, although the travel agency (domina travels) will announce some hotel as soon as I reach the international airport of hurghada.

It's almost ten years, since I last participated packet holiday, but it seems that things have not really changed a lot. Most people onboard are elderly, although not all that much older as time has passed. There are kids which cause lots of hassle and almost led to my precious macbook pro in getting drenched in coke. Then there are middle aged finns (almost my age, goodness gracious me) drinking their own tax free spirits in the plain and just behind me a nurse who had too much and is shouting behind me. I dread for the hang over, which is bound to hit in the buss to the hotels...The amc flight does not have movies so I watched a movie on the laptop and now wish for a spare a battery. I only took one book with me which might prove to be a mistake.

I guess I should have picked some less provocative background music than the music videos, which keep the boys lurking next to me at the corridor. I've tried to concentrate in reading for a while, but the background noise is too much for me to handle any intellectual ideas of computing an alternative universe, which is the theme of the excellent book, Permutation city by Gregg Egan.

Enough of the external factors, I have not been writing about my thoughts for quite some time as work, hobbies and a cohab have been keeping me busy. I do envy people who manage to write something intellectual every week, for example Soininvaara. Then again as a writer I would assume you can dedicate much more time for such activities. Well so much for the deep thoughts as we are approaching Luxor and I need to have a break in writing for the obscure airplane safety rulings.


No comments: