Monday, December 18, 2006

some remarks on Italy

I wrote few lines while visiting Venice and Florence. They have been buried in a usb memory stick for some time, but finally I figured out my blogger password and can update the page.

22.6.2006 Juhannusaatto/Solstice

it would be 3AM in Finland right now, which means its already the eve of Finnish midnight summer celebrations. my flight is delayed for an hour and in Venice there is no sign of the sun. I am dead tired and somehow filled by melancholy. Venice might be just a themepark for couples just fallen in love or the newlyweds. now its time for me to hit the bunk.

23.6.2006
Lots of tourists, sun and walking. The first impression I got of the Venice was strengthened. Maybe Venice is not good only for couples, but for single blonde girls, which seemed to get their share of attention and drinks from the eager Italian charmers. The compentitive environment for a guy such as me is way too harsh… the sights are awesome the city definitely has a feel to it.

25.6.
La Biennale – Modern Dance festival. Three performances from different Korean choreographs were just great. After the show there was reception with some wine and snacks, which compensated for the lost welcoming event for the summer school (which I missed because of the girls of the lobby of san servolo did not want to inform me about it when I asked). The show was great though and it felt good to talk with the Korean dancers (and on the way back to ferry with some Americans of the audience).

26.6.
Going around in Venice is much more fun when there are people with you, especially some nice Italian girls to flirt with :) The first day of lectures was long and hot.

29.6.2006
On San Servolo for the night too. Some wine, Italian songs, nice view, right temperature and two nice girls to talk to (Linda and ?). The evening turned out to be a lot more pleasant than I expected. The lectures were good too, although the computer part was disappointing.

2.7.2006
Last Night on Isola San Servolo, Venice. Alone again and hence more time to write. exactly 14 minutes if the battery indicator of the laptop is correct… wind has picked up and hopefully keeps the mosquitos away for the time I have. wind of change too as the summer school is over and most people have left the island. I am still here watching the lights of passing boats on their way to Lido from Venice. “Donna e mobile” by Pavarotti in the background. I wish I could express myself more poetically to suite my mood, as I am both happy and sad at the same time. the past week was great and now the fun is over and I am alone in the night with glass of wine and the lights of Venice and the battery indicator. thank you for all the people who made this trip worth it.

No comments: