Tuesday, April 18, 2006

first impressions… my third day in Uganda and I feel like I have experienced more life during these days than in Finland in a month. maybe conflicting the earlier line, things in general happen here with very relaxed pace. The whole mind set of people towards life is different and I am happy that I am here on holiday. trying to get things done here with the pace I am used to in Finland would lead to lot of frustration. What I find staying with Nandish and his parents is off course an Indian perspective on Uganda, which in itself is very interesting. unlike the circles in which I hang out in Finland, the Indians seem to make very tough value judgements based on culture or race. personally I would have been more inclined to explain differences by temperature or other external factors, but I have my own bias towards the sort.

No comments: