Saturday, August 16, 2008

night at the castle

Night at the castle 20 kilometers away from Vienna, stranded by a rolling thunderstorm. Alone in the dark castle while the bell tower rings for quarter to midnight, only to be drowned by yet another thunder, which illuminates the windows. I would be scared to meet right about anybody here at IIASA tonight. I seem to be already too tired to work, but not tired enough yet to collapse on the carpet to sleep. Hence, I am finally updating my blog. The last month has been great and I am sad to think that the end of this Summer is very near. Lots of things happened since I last wrote, besides getting stranded at the Airport, I witnessed my little sister Minttu getting married, went to paddle at the Danube nature reserve, did clubbing and a heurigen crawl with bike, met a gay couple, learned Taiji, watched an opera recording from a big screen and probably did many other things which I should have written down while I still remembered. I planned to write off course, but I've been working a lot and coming back home in Simmering quite late and usually I've been too tired to do much.

Lets see if I can get some sleep despite the conditions.

No comments: