Sunday, June 08, 2008

Vienna sightseeing


Yesterday we had a guided tour of Vienna arranged by the IIASA. We mainly toured around the Stephansdom and the area of the old Roman "Vienna". There were plenty of interesting places, although we did not have time to go inside to any of the places. The iPhoto facebook photo exporter is not working and resizing and attaching pictures here is quite time consuming. Nevertheless...

I've now been here for a week and it has been a busy week. Fortunately, Saturday was quite relaxed and today I finally slept a bit longer. The fellow YSSP people are nice, but it seems most of the time is spent in working and I have been too tired to be really active in finding any social activities after the long days. Today I guess there would be a change to joint the german and polish for yet another football match, but I would be more interested in doing sports than just watching it. Last week I missed the opportunity to play football and tennis. The football I just forgot as it was not well advertised and the tennis was canceled due bad weather. I also have not had enough energy to find a nice bike from here. There are shops shelling bikes close by, but the brands they have are unknown to me and it seems the first bike I had closer look at had cheap components. well maybe next week I get a chance to do some sports.

No comments: